Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Want S'more Pie, a gluten free and vegan dessert!

S’mores. A summer time favourite for many and a staple when camping. But who says it has to stop there? Why not double the chocolate and marshmallows and put it into a pie? To me, that sounds amazing especially since I turned it into a vegan S’more pie!
I got this idea about a month ago when I was making the frosting for my Charmed Cupcakes for my vegan party. When I took the icing out of the fridge I noticed that it was the perfect consistency for making a pie. *insert lightning bolt… Hey I just bought marshmallows… chocolate… S’MORES! And the rest is history!


The pie is really easy to make, it just takes some prep time and some waiting time in the fridge. So if you are wanting to make this for Thanksgiving I would suggest making this a couple days before and when you are ready to serve it just throw the marshmallows on top and broil them. That way you can save up some space on your counters and your stove. Plus I love that this is a no bake pie too, so if you do end up making it on Thanksgiving you wont have to worry about taking up room in your oven.

Want S’more Pie

Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust
1 pkg of gluten free graham cracker crumbs
¼ - ½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup of melted coconut oil

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until moist. Pour onto a pie tin and using your fingers evenly flatten out mixture. Place in the fridge for about an hour or until chilled.

Chocolate Filling
1 can of full fat coconut milk
1 cup of chocolate chips (vegan), I used Enjoy Life Brand 

Put can of coconut milk in the fridge over night. Open and remove all liquid so only the solidified coconut milk is left. Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water and gradually melt the chocolate. You don’t want to heat up the chocolate too fast or else it will burn.

Once melted combine the hardened coconut milk and melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
Pour over chilled pie crust, making sure it is evenly distributed. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or over night.

Marshmallow Topping
1 pkg of vegan marshmallows

When ready to serve place as many marshmallows as you desire on top of the pie, ( I only had half a package) set pie under broil in your oven and roast the marshmallows until golden brown. Watch carefully because they will burn easily!
Cut, Serve and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment